Robert Harrop Designs have released their next hand-painted Doctor Who figure, the Special Weapons Dalek from 1988’s ‘Rememberance of the Daleks’.
Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well-earned reputation for high quality and accuracy of detail. Their extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that they wanted to embrace into their studios!
In partnership with the BBC, Robert Harrop has meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
Special Weapons Dalek
From ‘Remembrance of the Daleks’ 1988
“Does it worry you, Doctor, that with it I will transform Skaro’s sun into a source of unimaginable power? And with that power at my disposal, the Daleks shall sweep away Gallifrey and its impotent quorum of Time Lords!”
The TARDIS arrives in London in November 1963, where the Seventh Doctor and his companion Ace discover that two rival factions of Daleks are seeking the Hand of Omega, a powerful Time Lord device that the First Doctor hid during an earlier visit to Earth.
One Dalek faction is loyal to the Dalek Emperor and the other to the Dalek Supreme. They are both focusing their search around Coal Hill School – the school that the Doctor’s grand-daughter Susan attended – while a military unit led by Group Captain Gilmore is attempting to resist their incursions. The Doctor tries to keep Gilmore and his team out of harm’s way while the two Dalek factions battle each other for control of the Hand.
The ‘Remembrance of the Daleks’ is the first episode where we see the deployment of the Special Weapons Dalek. Unlike a conventional Dalek, it has no manipulator arm or eye-stalk, but instead it has an enormous energy cannon capable of completely vaporised two Renegade Daleks in one shot.
- A Limited Edition Hand-painted figurine/statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Simon Boden.
- 360-degree rotating turret.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 5.6 inches (142mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 250 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete with a presentation box with an information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!