Robert Harrop Designs have released their next hand-painted Doctor Who figure, the Cybershade from 2008’s ‘The Next Doctor’.
Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well-earned reputation for high quality and accuracy of detail. Their extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that they wanted to embrace into their studios!
In partnership with the BBC, Robert Harrop has meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
From ‘The Next Doctor’ 2008
The Doctor lands his TARDIS in London on Christmas Eve, 1851. Overhearing cries for help, he encounters a man calling himself “The Doctor” and his companion Rosita, attempting to capture a Cybershade. The Cybershade escapes and The Doctor comes to believe that this new Doctor may be a future incarnation of himself, who is suffering from amnesia.
The two Doctors and Rosita combine forces and discover that the Cybermen and a Miss Mercy Hartigan, their human ally, are kidnapping children to use as slave labour to build and generate the power necessary for the “Ascension of the Cyberking!”
‘The Next Doctor’ is the first of five specials from 2008 to 2010 that linked the programme’s fourth and fifth series. Concluding on 1st January 2010, ‘The End of Time’ saw the departure of David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rogers.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 5 inches (125mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 150 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!