from ‘The Curse of Peladon’ (1972)
“Your legend seems violent and unpleasant, and rather too convenient!”
The Doctor and Jo make a test flight in the TARDIS and arrive on the planet Peladon, materialising on the edge of a cliff below a castle and they barely leave the ship before it tumbles over the edge. Seeking help, they enter the citadel of the soon-to-be-crowned King Peladon, where the Doctor is mistaken for a human dignitary summoned to act as Chairman of a committee assessing an application by the planet to join the Galactic Federation.
The other committee members made up of Alpha Centauri, Arcturus, the Martian Lord Izlyr and his Warrior subordinate Ssorg have already arrived, but are disconcerted by the death of one of the King’s advisors, Chancellor Torbis. High Priest Hepesh, who opposes the union with the Federation, attributes Torbis’s death to the Curse of Aggedor, the sacred beast of Peladon. Other incidents occur and the Doctor concludes that a saboteur is at work.
The Alpha Centauran delegate is a hermaphroditic hexapod from the planet Alpha Centauri and opposes any degree of violence or conflict. It does however have a low opinion of other worlds, describing Earth as “remote and unattractive” and Peladon as a “barbarous planet”.
- A Limited Edition Handpainted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rogers.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff. Additionally, the Doctors are approved by the actors themselves.
- Approximately 6.8 inches (175mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 200 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!