Robert Harrop Designs have released their next hand-painted Doctor Who figure, the Draconian Prince from 1973’s ‘Frontier in Space’.
Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well-earned reputation for high quality and accuracy of detail. Their extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that they wanted to embrace into their studios!
In partnership with the BBC, Robert Harrop has meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
From ‘Frontier in Space’ 1973
The Doctor and Jo Grant arrive on board an Earth spaceship in the year 2540. The ship comes under attack and the crew perceive the Doctor, Jo and the attackers as Draconians, whose empire currently rivals Earth’s for control of the galaxy. The Doctor and Jo, however, see that the attackers are really Ogrons.
The Ogrons stun everyone on board and steal the ship’s cargo, including the TARDIS. Accused by the Earth authorities of spying for the Draconians, the Doctor is sent to a penal colony on the Moon while Jo is placed in the custody of a Commissioner from Sirius 4 who is actually the Master. The Master rescues the Doctor and locks him and Jo up aboard a stolen police spaceship.
Once in flight, the ship is intercepted by the Draconians and taken to Draconia. The Doctor is able to convince the Draconian Emperor of the Master’s scheme to provoke a war using the Ogrons and a hypnotic device that makes those affected see whatever they most fear.
But who is the real driving force behind the Master’s scheme?
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rogers.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 7.5 inches (192mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 200 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!